Life.

That unusual four letter word that remains more unpredictable than almost anything else we come in common with.

For me, that unpredictability came in absolute waves this last year. As an educator, I tend to think of "years" differently than the rest of the world. My year usually goes from August to July - in other words, the start of the school year. And this past year was a doozy! A move back home after being gone four years, an unexpected surgery, major complications from the surgery, finally seeing the light at the end of that tunnel only to be thrown into another one as we hospitalized my father, struggling to deal with his unexpected passing, and finally trying to determine what our new normal looks like.

Needless to say, when school started this week, I was glad to feel as if I could maybe, just maybe, move on from last year and start fresh.And starting fresh for me means stepping back in to some long-missed activities.

First - writing. I have missed writing more than I can say. It's always been a release for me. But, when life throws such crazy curve balls, even those good releases can be pushed to the side.

Second - health. Although it should be one of the most important, it's also one of the easiest to push to the side. Eating well and exercising become less critical when you are crawling out of that tunnel (though really they are even more important than usual). So, I'm committing to eating better and exercising.

Third - Faith. My faith is the one thing, besides my family, that has carried me through this past year. And, this year has reminded me that the daily faith is just as important, if not more, than relying on it when we are at our darkest.

As I step back into life this year, I also want to thank some of you who have stayed in support and contact with me. So, to my mom, Brandy, and Kim I want to give a huge shout out for trying to keep tabs on me and constantly supporting me. To Becca and Charlotte, I promise I haven't forgotten you! And to everyone else who has continued to send emails, buy books, and send messages, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Comments

Dawn
08/29/2015 10:54am

Faith, Family and Friends are the best way to get through any bump in the road this life has to give. I love you my friend!

09/03/2015 6:08am

Love you too! And you are absolutely correct!

12/21/2016 8:19pm

We don't know each other personally but I pray that you heal completely from whatever physical and emotional pain you are experiencing right now. It's not easy to see a loved one suffer. It is more painful than suffering ourselves. I know how it feels. I understand what you went through. Please don't forget that whatever happened will always be for the best. God Bless you.

05/26/2016 5:09am

The quality of the stepping bag can be easy to get more effective variety for us. It deals with the full of various features of the things. It will be the first time as well. This is only for the main side of the human being life.

08/05/2016 11:44am

You are such a wise person! I like this post so much!

This post is the post of suuport!
We really like support you and read all you're write to us ;)

02/16/2017 11:51pm

The primary thing for an abroad financial specialist to acknowledge is that most US banks won't loan to you, since you are not from that point. Without a doubt, notwithstanding when you discover a bank that will loan to "Non-Resident Aliens" as we are know, all the time they won't loan to you where you need to purchase.

02/17/2017 2:03pm

After you look at these focuses, I'm quite recently beyond any doubt that you're supposing - "dispossession isn't something I'd jump at the chance to be through"! You ought to search for procedures to stop property dispossession.

04/24/2017 11:13am

Stepping back for the work is often difficult and coward due to the approach of the individuals. Once, you have gone, the return is very coward and difficult for the individuals.

05/09/2017 6:35am